Sunday, November 13, 2011

Map Quest

(file this under "back-log blog"...)

From time to time Silvino takes me on fun tourist dates - which after all the time I've been in Sydney, I haven't ticked any of these "sightseeing musts" off my list. Partly because it pains me to admit I'm a tourist... even though I most undeniably am. And partly because I haven't had the right playmate.

I must admit that it is... quite fun! to do all these blaring -

¡¡¡ I'M A TOURIST !!!

I'M TAKING TONS OF DIGITAL IMAGES!!!
OF WHICH ONLY A FEW WILL BE WORTH LOOKING AT LATER!!!
MOST WILL BE SENT TO MY VIRTUAL TRASH CAN!!!

- things.

So here are a few from our Sydney Tower date, now worth looking at.
The edited, compiled, resized and notated.


sydney harbour view, looking NE
at the far side of the picture is the Pacific.
we take a ferry from the bridge (far left of picture) to where we live.
i take another ferry from the bridge to where i work in Rose Bay.
double ferry commute toot toot.


this is the best place for skateboarding: Hyde Park that borders the downtown.
i walk from left to right when i'm on my way to "school".

going from right to left there is a 2% grade downhill which means you can just glide on your board the entire park without paddling even once. the tiles of the pathway are so smooth with almost no crevices in between, it's like a dance hall floor.

the long straight lines of the picture are covered by an arched canopy of australian giants.
this country has the most magnificent trees.

and i've climbed most of them!

(obrigada o meu amor for being the best BEST
playmate.)



No comments:

Post a Comment